It’s time to start licking your lips because we’ve got a delicious treat ready for you to sink your teeth into. The chocolate mousse is the perfect way to treat yourself whilst also looking after yourself.
We will be using 75-85% cacao dark chocolate, which contains a plethora of nutrients in high concentrations, which is why cacao is considered a superfood.
Contained within 10g
- 6.7% of the RDI for iron
- 5.8% of the RDI for magnesium
- 8.9% of the RDI for copper
- 9.8% of the RDI for manganese
Cacao is also an endocannabinoid system booster:
- Cacao boosts levels of Anandamide, which is a cannabinoid endorphin that the human body naturally produces after exercise. This feel-good chemical is one of the reasons exercise if good for mental health, and why cacao is too.
- CBD, too boosts levels of Anandamide like Cacao, enabling a greater feel good, anti-inflammatory and all-around health-giving effect.
- Don’t forget the nuts! They are also a fantastic source of protein, fat and micronutrients like magnesium, iron and zinc.
These healthy additions help promote feelings of fullness through the day, as well as stabilising blood sugar and energy levels. They offer a great crunchy texture to the mousse too, so it’s a win-win.
We have provided a serving size of just under 25mg CBD per serving of mousse. But we understand how delicious chocolate can be, so eating the whole lot is still providing a dosage not exceeding the FSA recommendations of 70mg/day.
- 1 1/4 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 70mg Mighty Green CBD drops*
- 2 1/3 tbsps Almond Butter
- 1 3/4 tbsps Honey or coconut syrup
- 2/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp Sea salt
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender including your Mighty Green’s CBD drops. * How many drops depends on which strength you have: 2% – 70drops / 5% – 28 drops / 10% – 14 drops / 20% – 7 drops. Blend for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened, smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours. Enjoy!
- 1 serving is roughly 1/2 a cup
- No almond butter? Use another nut or seed butter instead
- Additional toppings: chopped nuts, berries, extra cacao powder